Caracal Models CD48202 :
1/48 USAF F-104A/C Starfighter
The F-104 Starfighter served in the United States Air Force (USAF) from the late 1950s to the early 1970s. Known for its sleek design and impressive speed capabilities, the F-104 was used primarily for air defense missions and played a crucial role in the Cold War-era arms race; and later became the backbone of many NATO countries' air arms. Despite its flaws, the F-104 remains a significant part of USAF history and its legacy lives on in the hearts of aviation enthusiasts around the world.
This comprehensive decal set features fifteen (15) marking options for Cold War era USAF Starfighters, both from active duty units and the three Guard units selected to fly the type. The set includes a very comprehensive, carefully designed stencilling sheet with the attention to detail you expect from Caracal.
The fifteen options on this decal sheet are:
- YF-104A 55-2957, 83rd FIS (flown by Howard "Scrappy" Johnson for the world altitude record flight on May 7, 1958
- F-104A 56-0791 "Vociferous Viking", 83rd FIS
- F-104A 56-0788, 83rd FIS
- F-104B 57-1294, 83rd FIS
- F-104A 56-0851, 319th FIS
- F-104A 56-0821, 331st FIS
- F-104A 56-0814, 337th FIS
- F-104B 57-1306, Tennessee Air National Guard, 151st FIS
- F-104A 56-0840 "Ruler of the Roost", 538th FIS
- F-104A 56-0795 "Bird Dog II", Arizona Air National Guard, 197th FIS
- F-104A 56-0863, South Carolina Air National Guard, 157th FIS
- F-104C 56-0896, 476th TFS
- F-104C 56-0902, 435th TFS
- F-104C 57-0912, 436th TFS
- F-104C 56-0907, 434th TFS
We will start shipping this decal sheet on April 15, 2023.
You can preorder this decal sheet securely with your credit card or PayPal account now.
The price includes free US shipping. International shipping is only $10.00 extra. Texas residents pay 8.25% state sales tax.