Caracal Models CD48168 - F-14 "Tomcat" - The Early Years
In this decal sheet, we go back to the first few years of the F-14 and provide markings for prototype and development Tomcats. The ill-fated first prototype (which crashed in its first flight), AIM-54 Phoenix development aircraft (complete with YAIM-54 missile markings!), Pacific Missile Test Center and Patuxent River-based development jets are all here.
As is the norm with our "Early Years" series, we spent many hours to study the subjects depicted on this sheet. Stencilling to build any one of the options is included. While the decals were designed to fit the Tamiya kit, they should work with any 1/48 scale F-14A kit in the market.
- F-14A No.1 prototype BuNo. 157980
- F-14A No.2 prototype BuNo. 157981
- F-14A No.3 prototype BuNo. 157982
- F-14A No.4 prototype BuNo. 157983 (Phoenix Missile System development markings)
- F-14A No.4 prototype BuNo. 157983 (PMTC markings)
- F-14A No.5 prototype BuNo. 157984
- F-14A No.6 prototype BuNo. 157985
- F-14A No.8 prototype BuNo. 157987
- F-14A No.9 prototype BuNo. 157988 (Naval Missile Center markings)
- F-14A No.11 prototype BuNo. 157990
- F-14A No.1/X prototype BuNo. 157991 (NASA 991)
- F-14A BuNo. 158612
- F-14A BuNo. 158616
- F-14A BuNo. 158619
We will start shipping this sheet on October 18, 2020. You can preorder this decal sheet securely with your credit card or PayPal account now.
The price includes free US shipping. International shipping is only $7.50 extra. Texas residents pay 8.25% state sales tax.