CD48067 : Mirage III Over Australia
For almost 25 years, the Mirage IIIO was the primary front-line fighter/bomber in Royal Australian Air Force. Our first sheet for the Mirage III covers the service of Mirage III in Australia, with a wide variety of markings from several different units that operated the type.
We provide drawings for 20 options, but it should be possible to build many, many more RAAF Mirages using the markings on this sheet. For more information, we recommend the book "Mirage IIIO - Colors and Markings" by Mason & Mottram, the definitive book on the subject.
The comprehensive stencil sheet features several styles of markings for maintenance stencils as applied to the RAAF Mirage IIF fleet over its entire service period. We also provide enough ejection seat warning triangles should you wish to build a twin-seat Mirage IIID using the conversion kits in the market. Similarly, the serial number sheet features four distinct styles of serial numbers for the entirety of Mirage III operations in RAAF.
Due to the number of options on this sheet, the instructions for some of the options will be available as downloadable PDF files in the reference Web site.
The options on this decal sheet are:
- Mirage IIIO A3-21, 75 Sqn, RAAF 1965
- Mirage IIIO A3-38, 75 Sqn, RAAF 1966
- Mirage IIIO A3-44, 76 Sqn, RAAF 1973
- Mirage IIIO A3-3, 2 OCU, RAAF 1965
- Mirage IIIO A3-41, 77 Sqn, RAAF 1971
- Mirage IIIO A3-84, 3 Sqn, RAAF 1974
- Mirage IIIO A3-4, 77 Sqn, RAAF 1971
- Mirage IIIO A3-100, 3 Sqn, RAAF 1975
- Mirage IIIO A3-54, 77 Sqn, RAAF 1975
- Mirage IIIO A3-21, 3 Sqn, RAAF 1978
- Mirage IIIO A3-40, 76 Sqn, RAAF 1974
- Mirage IIIO A3-24, 75 Sqn, RAAF 1977
- Mirage IIIO A3-68, 79 Sqn, RAAF 1986
- Mirage IIIO A3-15, 75 Sqn, RAAF 1986
- Mirage IIIO A3-20 "Matilda", 77 Sqn, RAAF 1986
- Mirage IIIO A3-90 "Charlotte", 2 OCU, RAAF 1983
- Mirage IIIO A3-31, 3 Sqn, RAAF 1985
- Mirage IIIO A3-49, 77 Sqn, RAAF 1987
- Mirage IIIO A3-34, 79 Sqn, RAAF 1986
- Mirage IIIO A3-2, ARDU, RAAF 1986
Full stencilling for one aircraft are included. The main markings and stencil sheet were professionally screen printed by Cartograf in Italy. The serial number sheet was professionally screen printed by Microscale in the US.
SOLD OUT! We sold out our entire print run of this very popular sheet very quickly. Please check our resellers (such as Hawkeye in Australia, Sprue Brothers in the US, and Hannants in the UK) to check if they have any in stock.