Caracal Models CD48045 - US Navy A-3B Skywarrior - Part 2)
Our second decal sheet for the new 1/48 Trumpeter A3D-2 kit is centered on the A-3B / KA-3B bomber/tanker variants of the Skywarrior, with particular emphasis on its Vietnam War service.
The options on this decal sheet are:
- US Navy A-3B, VAH-11, USS Roosevelt, 1963
- US Navy KA-3B, VAH-10, USS Forrestal, 1967
- US Navy KA-3B, VAH-10, USS Shangri-La, 1970
- US Navy KA-3B, VAH-10, USS Hancock, 1969
- US Navy KA-3B, VAH-4, USS Bon Homme Richard, 1967
- US Navy KA-3B, VAQ-308, NAS Alameda, 1978
- US Navy KA-3B, VAQ-308, NAS Alameda, 1977
Note that all the options on this decal sheet depict aircraft with the later "speed nose" radome; and most also require the buddy refueling pod. These parts are not included in the Trumpeter early A3D-2 kit (Trumpeter has announced a KA-3B boxing for January 2014). We recommend the resin KA-3B conversion set produced by Steel Beach (available at Sprue Bros.)
Basic stencilling and fuselage-wing walkways (which are not provided on the kit decal sheet) are included. All of the sheets in this set are professionally screen printed by Cartograf in Italy.
SOLD OUT! We sold out our entire print run of this very popular sheet. Please check our resellers (such as Sprue Brothers in the US, and Hannants in the UK) to check if they have any in stock.